The use of CBD (Cannabidiol) oil is quickly emerging as a supplement that has not only powerful anti-inflammatory properties, but also the ability to aid with several diseases that were previously untreatable. Even the World Health Organization has found significant benefits to CBD oil. For example, those who are fighting cancer can use CBD oil, just like those who are looking to improve symptoms for schizophrenia, relief for anxiety, and achieve better sleep. We’re going to explore additional benefits of CBD oil, and it’\s many ways of making improvements to your life.
It isn’t uncommon for people to link CBD to cannabis despite many plants containing the compound called cannabinoid. However, unlike many other cannabinoids including THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), a euphoric “high” doesn’t occur when CBD oil is used. The main reason is that the same receptors THC effects aren’t affected by CBD. Therefore, because CBD is a different compound than THC, it has a complex effect that won’t change an individual’s state of mind. Instead, CBD will use the body’s endocannabinoids to influence them more effectively.
Our bodies have an endocannabinoid system (ECS) that can receive and translate cannabinoid signals, which is where CBD effects come from. So, when we introduce CBD to our system, it doesn’t affect the ECS that much. Instead, the CBD allows the other compounds in the ECS to become activated or inhibited. These CBD effects enable our bodies to experience pain regulation.
How To Use CBD Oil
There are four ways individuals typically introduce cannabinoids into their system. Learning how to use CBD oil is based on an individual’s health, lifestyle, and goals for the best benefits of CBD oil. For those who have questions regarding the best use of CBD oil, it’s best to consult with your physician for guidance.
The easiest way to introduce a dose of CBD to a beginner or a child is through ingestion. When individuals swallow the concentrated oil, it allows it to pass through their digestive system and experience metabolization in their liver. Upon doing so, the active compounds will begin entering their bloodstream. Daily vitamin intake produces the same results.
One of the most significant benefits of CBD oil products is there is no need for teaching or training regarding their usage. Under most circumstances, individuals can swallow them without experiencing any difficulties. It’s possible to find ingestible products in the form of beverages, candy, capsules, and foods. Therefore, consumers can discover cannabidiol oil can be mixed with a variety of products including baked goods, juices, and dressings.
For those adults who have some vaping experience, this method is recommended. When a nonsmoker or a child needs to use CBD oil, it becomes too complicated to teach them how to use a vape pen. When utilizing a vape pen, the cannabidiol enters through the lungs and will diffuse quickly into the bloodstream because it bypasses the liver.
Inhalation is the most efficient way of delivering CBD because more original product enters the bloodstream in comparison to the utilization of other methods. Under most circumstances, consumers can find e-juice available for their vape pens, or larger vaporizers for their tabletops.
Through the utilization of this method, CBD oil, concentrates, and tinctures are administered sublingually (under the individual’s tongue). Delivering sublingually allows the compound to experience absorption through the capillaries in the mucous membranes, and flow directly through the bloodstream. Whatever is left over is swallowed and digested slowly. Those who choose this method can experience immediate, as well as long-lasting symptom relief.
Those who use this method should hold the CBD oil underneath their tongue for at least one and a half minutes to allow absorption to occur. In doing so, they’re allowing bypassing of the digestive system and liver also to occur. Within minutes, the compounds will reach their blood system and begin interacting with the endocannabinoid system.
CBD oil can also be applied using creams, lotions, and salves that will aid in the relief of pain and healing. The cannabidiol doesn’t enter the bloodstream because the topicals only work within the uppermost layers of the cells. Individuals will also find that CBD oil is available in moisturizers, shampoos, and soaps as well.
Those who use CBD oil topically have found they’ve experienced improvements in skin conditions including eczema, as well as acne. Those who are suffering from skin allergies or cancer can also benefit from the topical use of CBD oil, as well.
CBD Oil Benefits List
The CBD oil benefits list is quite extensive. Therefore, we’ll go over the top ten benefits for using CBD oil here to provide the most comprehensive information regarding how beneficial CBD oil is for finding relief.
- Anxiety Relief: using CBD oil may help relieve anxiety by assisting individuals to reduce stress levels, decrease heart rates, improve symptoms of PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), and helping relieve insomnia by inducing sleep.
- Chronic Pain: studies indicate that those who are suffering from chronic pain and inflammation can experience a reduction in these symptoms when using CBD oil.
- Migraines: according to a research study in 2017, participants who were taking CBD oil for treating their migraines experienced a better quality of life in comparison to those who were taking other medications.
- Skin: studies indicated that the use of CBD oil is useful for the treatment of acne, eczema, itchy skin, and psoriasis.
- Sleep: those who are having trouble with sleeping could use CBD oil because it will limit inflammation in the nervous system and the brain.
- Weight Loss: a study performed by the American Journal of Medicine documents that those who are using CBD oil for weight loss and metabolic disorders, “showed 16% lower fasting insulin levels, furthermore added with smaller waist circumferences of its users than past users.”
- Anti-seizure: a regimen of CBD oil use shows promise for those suffering from epileptic seizures. The American Epilepsy Foundation conducted research in 2016 with over 200 participants dosing 2-5 mg. of CBD oil daily for 12 weeks. Overall, patients found a reduction in seizures by approximately 36%.
- Substance Abuse Treatment: recent research has shown CBD oil may alter circuits in the brain related to addiction.
- Antipsychotic Effects: research is currently being done amongst people with mental disorders such as schizophrenia, having success with managing their symptoms after CBD treatment.
- Anti-tumor Effect: so far only animal studies have been conducted, however, it’s promising to see that regular CBD treatment has shown tumor shrinking capabilities.
Possible CBD Oil Side Effects
While CBD is tolerated well by most individuals, there is still potential for CBD oil side effects by some, sometimes depending on how CBD oil is made (there are still no FDA regulations, so some companies cut corners). Here are some side effects to take into consideration:
- anxiety or depression
- changes in appetite
- dry mouth
There is usually very little danger of CBD oil side effects, however.
How Does CBD Oil Make You Feel?
For those who are wondering, “how does CBD oil make you feel,” you’re not alone in your inquiry. Keep in mind that, when using CBD oil, it will not produce a “high” or “euphoric” feeling. According to Forbes, nearly half of those who were using traditional medicines are willing to switch to CBD oil because it provided them with better relief for their pain and inflammation symptoms. In addition to feeling less pain and a reduction in anxiety, those using CBD oil will also experience symptom relief while remaining completely sober. Therefore, for those who are in recovery and are looking for a way to feel symptomatic relief, it’s possible to use CBD oil to achieve those goals.
Understanding “Treat, Cure, or Prevent”
One of the most significant things users of CBD oil must take into consideration is that the FDA has not evaluated any of the statements made here. Therefore, it’s critical that users of CBD oil understand that it’s not meant to “Treat, cure, or prevent” diseases, disorders, or chronic issues from which they’re suffering. Instead, the best recourse is for an individual to consult with the primary care physician regarding the use of CBD oil throughout their health routine.